INTRODUCTION ABOUT TIRTAN
- TRITAN is the brand name created by Eastman for their copolyester material.
- Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, lauched in October 2007.
- Product Copyrights by Eastman Chemcial.
- Tritan™from Eastman is free of bisphenol S (BPS) and bisphenol A (BPA). Testing to support the safety of Tritan also has shown it is free of estrogenic and androgenic activity.
- A common generalization about plastics is that BPA-free plastics are unsafe because BPA has been replaced by BPS. This is not the case with Tritan™ from Eastman.
- Another common generalization about plastics is that recycling code 7 indicates products contain BPA. Tritan™ is classified as recycling code 7 but does not contain BPA.